Emily Post spent last weekend at a family reunion, hosted by her grandparents in Iowa. Most of her large, sprawling family was able to attend, traveling from all corners of the country. Even she had to travel, coming from Texas where she’d stayed after finishing college. She discovered that four other relatives had traveled even farther than her. Determine each relative’s full name, what their relation to Emily was (one was a cousin), and from which state each came.
1. Adam’s last name wasn’t Post.
2. Emily’s nephew came from New York.
3. Rachel was her mother.
4. Barbara, whose last name wasn’t Grant, came from Arizona.
5. The two relatives with West for a last name were the relative from Florida and her uncle.
6. Walter wasn’t from Georgia.
March 17, 2013