Last Saturday, the 54th annual Millersville Auto Race was held with great success. The weather was beautiful and warm, a perfect day for a race. There were some very tense moments during the race, including a crash that almost involved half the field. Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt and the race continued. The race ended with the bystanders on their feet screaming as the cars went roaring past - there was almost a dead heat for first place between the top four contenders. Determine the number of each winning car, the name of each driver, the name of the sponsoring company for each car, and where each placed at the finish line.
1. Ned, whose last name wasnít Fleet, was in fourth place. Car #73 was driven by Mr. Backer.
2. The first place winner drove car #57 but he wasnít sponsored by Firestone.
3. Dick Charger didnít take third place.
4. The driver in car #29 came in second place. Mr. Woods, whose first name wasnít Ned, was sponsored by Napa.
5. Goodyear sponsored the first place winner, which wasnít Race.
6. The driver sponsored by Valvoline had a last name of Fleet. Walt, whose last name wasnít Woods, drove car #82.
file size 163 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
April 27, 2011