Mrs. Adams took her 4th grade class outside yesterday for their science lesson because it was such a beautiful day out. The dayís assignment was to draw or sketch something in the natural world, that they had observed while outside during class. Five of her students decided to draw bees, and to her great surprise, each not only chose to draw a different species of bee, but all five of the drawings were detailed enough that at a glance, the differences between each bee were apparent. Determine the full name of each budding artist, the type of bee each student drew, and the order in which the students turned in the assignment.
1. The five students, in no particular order, were Elliot Leach, the student who drew the paper wasp, the student who turned in the second bee drawing, the boy whose last name was Turnkey, and Wendy.
2. Michaelís last name wasnít Turnkey. Alexis didnít draw the paper wasp. Wendyís last name wasnít Crest.
3. The boy who drew the yellow jacket was the last to turn in his homework.
4. The student whose last name was Krank didnít draw the paper wasp, but was the third to turn in the assignment.
5. The person who drew the honey bee turned in the assignment before the person who drew the hornet but after Michael.
6. Harold didnít draw the hornet. The person whose last name was Ranch drew the bumble bee.
file size 173 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
July 15, 2007