The Millersville Annual Dog Show was this past weekend and they got a remarkable turnout this year. Not only did they have contestants in most breed categories, but they had some qualify for national marks. Like any other show, there were the inevitable crisis situations but all were relatively minor, and as well the show had its share of humorous situations. The highlight of the event was the awarding of the Best in Show ribbons. As it happens, four places were awarded and each went to a different dog breed. Determine the name of each Best in Show dogís owner, the name and breed of each of the winning dogs, and the place award each dog won.
1. Daisy was the greyhoundís name. Sampson wasnít awarded second place.
2. The beagle placed lower than Daisy but higher than Ericís dog.
3. Fredís dog, which wasnít a greyhound, was awarded first place.
4. Barbaraís dog wasnít called Munchkin.
5. The Dalmatian placed fourth.
6. In no particular order, the four winning dogs were the dog named Whiskers, Marciaís dog, the dog who won third place, and the collie.
file size 181 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
October 17, 2007