Margaret and her girlfriends went shopping yesterday and had a grand time. They caught some good sales, had a great lunch at the new Italian restaurant, and headed for home before rush hour. And somehow each came home with a new pair of shoes Ė even Sally, who swore she wasnít a shoe collector, but yet fell in love with a pair of pumps and had to get them. Each stumbled across the perfect pair of shoes at the perfect price, even in the perfect color! Oddly enough, each not only found a different type of shoe, but also a different color (and different size too, but weíre not going into that!). Determine the full name of each girlfriend, the type of shoe each one purchased, and the color of each new pair of shoes.
1. Nancy Barlow didnít buy the boots.
2. Ms. Parker bought the green shoes.
3. The pumps were not pink.
4. The boots were brown but werenít purchased by Ms. West.
5. Sallyís last name wasnít Stevens. Clarisse didnít buy the flats.
6. Margaretís last name wasnít Parker but she did get the sandals, which werenít black.
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
October 31, 2011