Larry and four friends went to the racetrack to witness the big car race held this past weekend. Five different contenders sped their way around the track to victory, or defeat. The race ended with no major crashes and an exciting dead heat to the finish line. The five friends had such a good time, they made arrangements right on the spot to return the following month for the next big race. Determine the full name of each driver in the race, the sponsor for each race car, and in what position each driver ended the race.
1. The driver sponsored by Flash Automotive finished the race in third place. Howard, who wasnít sponsored by Crank Motor Oil, didnít finish the race in fifth place.
2. Ryan, whose last name wasnít Right, wasnít sponsored by NAPA Auto Parts. Barry Straight wasnít sponsored by Fleet Bodyworks.
3. The driver sponsored by Crank Motor Oil placed one position higher than Sydney, whose last name wasnít Element.
4. Mr. Chariot, whose first name wasnít Adam, finished in first place. Howard placed one position lower than Mr. Right.
5. NAPA Auto Parts sponsored the driver who finished in fourth place, which wasnít Barry.
6. The five drivers, in no particular order, are Adam, the second place driver, the driver sponsored by Tredco Tires, Mr. Right, and Mr. Rafe.
file size 172 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
May 11, 2007