Five outstanding seniors graduated from the Millersville High School last weekend. Each of the five was in the top twelve students of the Class of 2009 and each also won a special academic award in a particular subject. Five very proud parents watched their children receive both awards and high school degree that sunny Saturday morning. Once the graduation ceremonies were over, each came home to an afternoon graduation party to celebrate their success. Determine the full name of each outstanding senior (one last name is Wright), their class rank, and the subject of each special academic award they were presented.
Note: A higher rank means a lower number. A class rank of 3 is higher than a class rank of 5.
1. The recipient of the Chemistry award was 3 ranks higher than Desmond, who was a higher rank than Mr. Ford, who was three ranks higher than Elizabeth.
2. Sheila Stone wasnít presented with the Mathematics award.
3. The person ranked in 9th place didnít have a last name of Brown.
4. Marcus didnít receive the History award.
5. Mr. Carter, whose first name wasnít Marcus, was presented with the Theater & Music award but he wasnít ranked in 12th place.
6. The student, who wasnít Desmond, presented with the History award had a last name of Brown. Oliverís rank wasnít in 6th place but he was presented with the Russian award.
file size 159 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
July 19, 2009