Each year during the holiday season, many of the local charity groups sponsor annual events to raise money. Each event always has a bake table for sweet treats of many varieties available for sale. The bakery goods sold are donated by many of the generous people in the town who support these charitable groups. Each year, Martha and her friends bake an extra pie during their usual holiday baking frenzy to donate to one of these annual events. They each select a different event to donate their pies to and generally each makes a different flavor too. Determine the full name of Martha and her friends, the type of pie each made, the charitable organization each donated the pie to, and the event that each group sponsored.
1. Madelineís last name wasnít First. The bake sale was sponsored by the childrenís hospital.
2. The pecan pie was not donated to the homeless shelter. Melony, whose last name wasnít Bay, donated her pie to the animal shelter.
3. Ms. Stewart, whose first name wasnít Martha, made the apple pie but she didnít bring it to the craft fair.
4. Mary Lewis didnít donate her pie to the bake sale. The animal shelter did not receive a pecan pie.
5. The pumpkin pie was donated to the veterans but they didnít hold a pancake breakfast.
6. Martha brought her pie to the spaghetti dinner. The rhubarb pie was brought to the craft fair.
file size 159 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
December 29, 2009