Five neighbors, who happened to also be very good friends, were chatting at the annual neighborhood barbecue on Saturday night and discovered some startling news. By some strange coincidence, all five of them were starting new jobs during the following week and each was starting on a different day, in a different position, and in a different company! Determine the full name of each friend, the company and position of each friendís new job, and the day of the week each was starting the new job.
1. Frank, whose last name wasnít Wild, started his new job the day before the sales manager.
2. The five friends, in no particular order, were the new purchaser, the person who started on Thursday, Mary Prime, the person who worked at Fashionique, and the new test engineer.
3. Silvia, who didnít start her new job on Monday, wasnít the design engineer. The person whose last name was North started on Wednesday.
4. The friend whose last name was West started the new job two days before Cynthia, but the day after the person who worked for Sierra Computing.
5. The person who worked for Force Networks had an engineering position. Elliot started his new job on Friday.
6. The traffic controller, who wasnít Mary, worked for Metropolis. Mr. South didnít start on Tuesday. Frank worked for Maximus but not as an engineer.
file size 181 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
October 11, 2008