Sally always looks forward to the Olympic ice dancing trials. This year, the competition was fierce and there were many outstanding ice dancing couples. The free style routines, which allowed the ice dancers to make up their routines without any specific performance requirements, could be no longer than 3 minutes. As it happened, each of Sallyís favorite teams used one style of music, each different from the others, for their freestyle routine, instead of the more common compilation of musical styles. Determine the names of each couple (one name was Arnold), the type of music their freestyle routine featured (one was rock music), and how long each freestyle routine was (one was 2.60 minutes).
1. Mark, who didnít dance to the waltz, had the shortest routine, which was 2.50 minutes. The couple that skated to a country song had the longest routine, which was 2.90 minutes.
2. George skated with Gracie. The couple who skated to the rhumba danced for 2.70 minutes.
3. Zacharyís routine lasted longer than Karenís routine but was shorter than Marcelynís routine.
4. Frederick danced to the tango.
5. Allison skated to the waltz. Frederick, whose partner wasnít Heidi, danced for a longer time than George.
6. Marcelyn skated with her partner for 2.80 minutes.
To print out PDF Print
'n' Play version of our Logic Problems you need the
Adobe Acrobat Reader
- the latest version. You can get it free from
Our Logic Problems are Flash enabled, so for their correct work
you need the
Macromedia Flash Player - the latest version. You can get
it free from