The Gadget Companyís Quality department has been very busy this week with a customer request. Their failure analysis group has been asked to process a large batch of parts that failed at the customerís site and to provide failure analysis reports to determine why the parts failed. So far, the parts that the failure analysis engineers have processed failed from a variety of reasons Ė anything from a simple bent pin to a bad solder connection on the printed circuit board. Determine the full name of each failure analysis engineer, the name of the printed circuit board that the problem was found on, and the specific problem found for each part.
1. Don, whose last name wasnít Nichols, didnít find the broken wire problem. Lewis found the problem on the daughter board but it wasnít a bent pin.
2. Wayne Collins didnít find a problem on the processor board. The problem on the mother board was a bad part.
3. The engineer whose last name was Garnet found the problem on the power board. Wayne didnít find the problem on the controller board.
4. Ryanís last name wasnít Hart. The bad connection problem was found by the engineer whose last name was Flume but it wasnít on the mother board.
5. The five engineers were Steve, the engineer whose last name was Hart, the one who found the problem on the mother board, the one who found the bent pin problem, and the engineer who found the problem on the processor board.
6. The bent pin problem was found by the engineer whose last name was Nichols. The solder short problem wasnít found by Steve.
file size 153 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
April 27, 2011