Sam and three of his friends attended a poetry reading last night at the town library. The poetry reading hosted four different local poets and each read several of their poems. Sam and his friends enjoyed the evening and all agreed that they’d like to do it again. Each had a favorite poem from the evening and here they differed. Each friend’s favorite poem was read by a different poet. Determine the full name of each friend, the full name of each poet, and the title of the poem that each friend liked best of all.
1. Michelle, whose last name wasn’t Banner, read the poem, “Sunrise”.
2. Mr. Warner liked Cindy’s poetry best. Randy’s last name wasn’t Brown.
3. Sara Hughes didn’t like “Wistful Wonder”. Michael liked Elliot’s poem the most.
4. “Another Time” was read by Mr. Sparta. Cindy’s last name wasn’t West.
5. The poet, Martha Night, didn’t read the poem, “Wistful Wonder”.
6. Sam, whose last name wasn’t Garner, liked the poem by Michelle but he didn’t like "Summer’s Eve”.
file size 194 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
December 25, 2009