Five women planned a dinner party for a few friends on Saturday night. As it happens, the women hosting the dinner parties also shared a particular hobby – they loved to improve and change their homes. Traditionally, each changed a room or rooms in their home to mark the occasional dinner party they’d host for their friends. In this case, they chose to simply redecorate a single room. Determine the full name of each woman, the room that they redecorated, and the number of people attending their dinner parties.
1. Ms. Bridge invited one more guest than Holly did but she had two less guests than the woman who redecorated the kitchen.
2. Rhonda, whose last name wasn’t Dutch, redecorated the parlor.
3. Ms. Canning, whose first name wasn’t Cheryl, invited four people but didn’t redecorate the dining room.
4. Matilda Sans didn’t redecorate the living room.
5. The woman who had seven guests redecorated the living room.
6. Eleanor didn’t redecorate the sitting room but she did have one more guest than Ms. Leavitt invited.
file size 206 KB
April 2, 2010