Peter and four friends challenged each other to wear the scariest costumes for Halloween this year. The only rule was that they had to make their own costume. Each one went as a creature of the night... and boy, did they come up with some good ones! They planned to meet, decide which one of them was scariest, and then go trick or treating together. Their meeting place, of course, was the graveyard after dark and they did a royally good job scaring each other before heading out to trick or treat. Determine the full name of each boy (one boyís first name was James), what kind of creature each dressed up as (one was a mummy), and the order in which they placed for their impromptu scary costume contest.
1. Donís costume was deemed the scariest so he got 1st place but he wasnít a ghost.
2. Harvey Parker wasnít the werewolf.
3. The vampire got third place. Peter Jones didnít wear the ghost costume.
4. The zombie costume was worn by the boy whose last name was Smith.
5. Martinís last name wasnít Hayes.
6. The boy whose last name was Elliot had a costume which placed one higher than the werewolf but two lower than Peterís costume.
file size 283 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
April 27, 2011