Spring has arrived and Julia has the cleaning bug. The day was so warm and sunny she just couldn’t help herself. It was spring-cleaning time! She dusted and washed, moved furniture, shook out rugs, scrubbed windows, and waxed woodwork. She got into a routine where she would clean two rooms, then take a break, then she’d clean two more rooms, and then take a break, until she was done (the start times were every two hours from 9:00AM to 7:00PM). By the end of the day, she was exhausted…but the house sparkled with cleanliness! Determine what time she started working in each room (one room was the bedroom) and how long it took her to clean each room (one room took 1-1/2 hours).
1. The first two rooms she cleaned did not include the living room.
2. The kitchen was cleaned at 3:00PM, but it didn’t taker her 1-3/4 hours.
3. The last room took her 1-1/4 hours to clean, but it wasn’t the bathroom.
4. The dining room only took her one hour to clean.
5. At 9:00AM, the room she tackled took her 1-3/4 hours to clean. The kitchen took her longer to clean than the bathroom.
6. The last two rooms she cleaned, in no particular order, were the playroom and the bathroom.
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.