The Smith family all converged on Brian and Susanís house this year in celebration of Thanksgiving Day. The resulting crowd overflowed the house with all the warmth, noise, boisterousness, and love of a large family brought together for the holidays. Amongst the siblings, aunts, uncles, parents, and even grandparents of the Smith family ran a gaggle of young cousins, second cousins, nieces, nephews, sons, daughters, and grandchildren. Brian worried that their small home would never recover from the flock of family crowded under its roof; Susan worried sheíd never have enough food to feed everyone. But by dayís end, the family was well-fed with leftovers a-plenty, the house was still in one piece, no disasters had befallen anyone or anything, and everyone was happy and content. After dinner, the youngest children were tucked into bed and the rest of the family retired to the living room, where family tradition was to split the family into two teams and play games for the rest of the evening. These games were the highlight of the family gatherings for many of them, and the results of the games were referred to many times during the following year. This year, Susan and Brian ended up on opposite teams, and the teams were closely matched all evening. The game of choice this year was trivia and each side had a number of trivial experts in a variety of subjects. Determine the name of each trivia expert member on Susanís team (one was Sara), what each personís relationship to Susan was (one was her cousin), and what trivia topic each was personís specialty.
1. George was not the science expert. The geography expert was Susanís brother, who was a pilot for a large airliner. Susanís niece was not a history buff.
2. Susanís aunt was an English professor and thus excelled at the literature questions.
3. Henry, who was not a history buff, was Susanís son.
4. Susanís grandfather wasnít named George.
5. Richard was Susanís brother. Helenís field of expertise started with an ďSĒ.
6. The sports fanatic was one of the female family members. Elliot was the music expert.
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.