Four truckers are hauling loads in their 18-wheelers from Newark, New Jersey clear across the country to California. The truckers all had different loads and stopped in different cities for rest breaks on the way across the country. These truck drivers were all veterans of this long haul trip and knew the roads and the route well enough to avoid typical commuter-driven traffic. But without a crystal ball, the occasional accident, road construction, or even flooded bridge just can’t be avoided. Each of them got caught in traffic from one such event that delayed them for a time, but in general their long hauls went smoothly. Determine the full name of each truck driver, the load each was carrying, the event that caused each of them to get stuck in traffic, and the city in California where each was bringing their load of goods (each was traveling to a different destination).
1. The trucker headed for San Francisco was delayed by the car accident. Bobby’s destination wasn’t Los Angeles.
2. The town festival delayed the trucker hauling pecans. Rex wasn’t going to San Francisco.
3. Mr. Mastiff wasn’t delayed by road construction. The trucker whose last name was Judge was delayed by a flooded bridge.
4. San Jose was not the destination for the trucker hauling a load of paper.
5. Bobby, whose last name wasn’t Judge, was hauling lobsters. Mike Pendleton wasn’t delayed by a car accident.
6. Peter, whose last name wasn’t Judge, was going to San Diego. Mr. Bartley was hauling a load of oranges, but he wasn’t going to Los Angeles.
file size 182 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
August 24, 2007