Over Labor Day weekend, the 52nd Annual Cookie Challenge was held by the Tastefully Sweet Bakery Shop. The Cookie Challenge traditionally signaled the end of summer for Millersville, but was also greeted with great enthusiasm by the townspeople. Each year, the townís aspiring bakers brought in their best-ever cookie recipes and on Labor Day, the official Bake-off challenge was held, complete with prizes awarded to the winners. Dozens of cookies were made from the ten finalist recipes and were open to all for judging. The final four winners were determined by the official judges of the event and a fifth prize was awarded to the favorite cookie chosen by the attending townspeople. This year the favorite cookie was not one of the four contest winners, a phenomenon that seldom occurred. Determine the full name of each cookie challenge winner as well as the winning place and type of cookie of each recipe.
1. Marionís cookie, which wasnít oatmeal raisin, didnít win first place. The person whose last name was Green submitted the multigrain cookie recipe.
2. Charlie Stevens didnít submit a chocolate chip cookie recipe.
3. The favorite cookie wasnít Eileenís recipe. The fourth place winner wasnít the double chocolate cookie.
4. The oatmeal raisin cookie beat Elliot's cookie by one place. Ms. Stewart's cookie, which wasn't chocolate chip, was voted the
favorite cookie of the event.
5. The person whose last name was Crofter won second place, but not with a double chocolate cookie. The white chocolate macadamia nut cookie wasn't the first place winner.
6. The oatmeal raisin cookie, which wasnít Eileenís recipe, was made by the person whose last name was Field. Sallyís cookie, which wasnít the multigrain, won third place.
file size 197 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
September 10, 2008