The 38th annual Harvest Craft show, put on by the Millersville Rotary Club, was held last weekend. Held at the Millersville high school, the craft show is an annual tradition for the townsfolk and always attracts a large crowd. This year, 120 dealers setup to sell their wares - everything from handmade quilts and hand-knitted sweaters to homemade jellies and fresh honey, to homemade soaps and hand-carved toys. Five friends visited the craft show together, browsing through the booths Saturday morning when the craft show first opened. Each friend ended up buying both a gift for another friend and something for themselves. Determine the full name of each friend, the item they got for themselves and the item they bought for a friend.
1. Ms. Wright didnít buy the vase of flowers. Mark bought a wooden toy truck for his best friendís son. Sarah bought the beaded necklace.
2. The person whose last name was White bought the oil painting.
3. Elliot, whose last name wasnít West, didnít buy the homemade jelly. Patti Walker didnít buy the knitted sweater.
4. Cindyís last name wasnít White. The person whose last name was West didnít buy the lap quilt.
5. The wood picture frame was bought by the person who also bought the vase of flowers.
6. The five friends are represented by the person who bought the knitted sweater, Sarah, the person who bought the ceramic mugs, the person whose last name was Workman, and the person who bought the homemade fudge.
file size 180KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
October 12, 2007