Sally Field loves art. Her home is filled with the works of countless artisans, both well-known and relatively obscure. She haunts art shows and even craft shows, always on the lookout for a new piece or portrait for her home. To her intense pleasure, she struck a gold mine last Saturday, attending a new art show in a neighboring town. She found four new paintings for her home and spent Sunday eagerly finding places to hang her new treasures. All of the paintings were rectangular. Determine the style of each of the four paintings, the height and width of each canvas (one height was 24” and one width was 27”), and the room in her home where she hung each painting.
1. The landscape painting wasn’t hung in the living room. The painting that was 22” in height had a larger width than the portrait painting.
2. The painting with a height of 20” and a width of 35” wasn’t hung in the kitchen.
3. The painting that had a 16” width was the still life but it wasn’t hung in the bedroom.
4. The modern painting, which wasn’t 24” in width, was hung in the kitchen.
5. The painting in the living room was 28” in height.
6. The landscape painting wasn’t hung in the dining room but it was less than 24” in height.
file size 194 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
October 17, 2009