Four friends took a cooking class together. For their first project, each decided to bake a pie from scratch for their mother. Fortunately, the pies came out fabulous and each mother was most impressed with her daughterís new skill. The pies were presented as a surprise after dinner that night and served with their motherís choice of drink. Determine the full name of each daughter, what kind of pie each made, and what drink was served with each pie.
1. Ms. Madison served her pie with coffee. The blueberry pie was served with milk.
2. Melony didnít make an apple pie, but she did serve her pie with wine.
3. Ruth Gardner didnít serve a cherry pie. Ms. Beech didnít serve cider.
4. The five pies were the peach pie, the pie made by Edith, the pie served with milk, the pie that Sherry made, and the pie made by the daughter whose last name was Zwicker.
5. Sherry, whose last name wasnít Madison, made the raspberry pie.
6. Ms. Sanderson served a peach pie, but not with wine. Geraldine didnít serve tea.
file size 234 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
October 14, 2008