This month, the annual state fair runs for 17 days - an event of parades, rides, food, music, animals, and so much more. Combining the best country fair with a carnival, home show, craft show, and more, the event was almost too big to see and experience in just one day. Alicia and four of her friends did their best to experience it in one day though! They were at the gates when the fair opened at 9am and they didn't leave until the fair ended at 11pm. They were loaded down with their purchases, stomachs groaning from too much food, cheeks flushed from the excitement of the rides, and well-satisfied with their day at the fair. Each got a picture taken with a different exotic animal. Among their many purchases, each had a gift for a special friend tucked away. At the home show, they were assailed with demonstrations for many different products and each bought one of the products for their home. And to top off the day, each bought extra of their favorite fair food to bring home and savor another time. Determine the name of each friend, what animal each got their picture taken with, what each bought for a gift, the home show item each bought, and what kind of food each brought home with them.
1. Ruth got the gold ring, but not a picture with the zebra. The oil painting wasn't bought by the woman who got the roasted peanuts. Alicia didn't buy the lap quilt.
2. The woman who got the photo with the giraffe also bought the crystal clock. Kim didn't get the food chopper, although she did get the cream puffs. Ruth didn't get the food chopper.
3. The five friends are Alicia, the woman who bought the kitchen knives, the woman who got the fudge, the woman who got the silver necklace, and the woman who got her picture taken with a zebra.
4. Sara didn't buy the kettle corn. The cooking pans were bought by the woman who got a photo with the monkey. The woman who bought the stovetop grill also bought the lap quilt.
5. The woman who bought the steam mop, which wasn't Mary, also got the cookies. Sara bought a set of kitchen knives but she didn't get her picture taken with an elephant.
6. Alicia posed for a photo with the lion, but she didn't get the food chopper. Kim didn't get the silver necklace.
file size 177 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
November 19, 2008